Monday, March 30, 2015

Kayaking and Scavenger Hunts

Last night I went on an awesome kayak tour. It was off to a rocky start when it took about 15 minute to find the correct dock, but once we found it there were not more issues. The instructors were friendly as well as the other kayakers. We practiced paddling around the harbor and then ate fish and chips in our kayaks. After everyone was done eating, we headed out of the harbor and into the Yarra River. Seeing as Melbourne is a cosmopolitan area,  we  paddled under lots of bridge. My buddy and I, who is also an American, whistled “Yankee Doodle” while paddling under some of the underpasses. This trip allowed me to see the city from a new angle as well as made me realize how much of the Melbourne I have yet see, which is exciting.
        On a less exciting topic, a scavenger hunt that I was really looking forward to this week was canceled. However, I still ran into the leaders of the club who were having a planning meeting and had some nice conversations with them, most about Game of Thrones and the Stations of the Cross. Though the day did not work out as I plan and I was disappointed about the scavenger hunt being canceled, it was still a good day, especially since I suddenly had time to finish my mid-term paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment