Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Last Post

This will be my last post as I begin taking my exams. So rather than look at the highs and lows of my week, I will examine the highs and lows of my semester.
        I met some truly wonderful people while traveling and studying in Australia. Additionally, I have learned a great deal on the issue of Indigenous rights, rugby, and my own limitations. I learned just how far I am willing to push myself as well as how much I rely on others to push me. While I certainly learned more during the semester, my trips to the Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania, and Uluru were my favorite part of this semester. There was so much breathtaking scenery and I was able to really about to slow down to enjoy it all.
        Low points primarily consisted of times I felt extremely lonely. In these moments, such started on the first day, I wanted to go back home or at least have one person from home with me. Starting in May, there were a few morning that after waking up, I instantly became sad at the realization that I am not home. Moments like this make it hard to fully appreciate the incredible opportunity this semester of aboard is.
        All things considered, I am glad to have this experience of a semester abroad. I have a better understand of global issues and how the United States is perceived by others. I am excited to make the most of my time here, after exams, as well as to visit New Zealand on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment