Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hot Pot

My roommate was cooking dinner and she made too much so she offered to share it with me. I was a very spicy, but also very good, hot pot. This dish is made by heating a broth and then placing raw vegetables and meat into it to look. You pull the vegetables and meat out as they cook and eat them. You add vegetables as you eat them, trying to avoid over cooking anything. It’s all really quite tasty and very fun to go out with a group of friends.  What made this worth writing about was that my roommate and I do not talk much. We get along well and never had any issues with cleaning or taking the other’s space, but even small talk is a challenge. This was a nice bonding experience.
A negative experience that occurred this week, and not for the first time, is I awoke one morning, disappointed to not be at home. I am still mostly enjoying my time here, but I do miss the people I’ve left and I’m starting to get tired of working on new relationship with others here that will end soon. My solution is often to then get up and busy myself with homework or read a book. Moments like these make me question if I am making the most of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment