Monday, April 20, 2015

Expectations


Happily this week my rugby team had enough players to not forfeit our game and we even managed to end the game in a tie. This is much better than the 25 point loss that ended in a forfeit at half time to due the loss of players to injuries that occurred at our first game  last week. I got to start and had more energy throughout the game than I had in past games so that means the conditioning has been working. For many girls on this team it was their first game and seeing as we were playing an a ready well established team, tying the game was very good and more than I expected.
        Another event that was not what I expect was a Scout meeting. While Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts do exist here in Australia, there is another organization, called Scouts, that is coed and continues into adulthood. I went to my first meeting this week in which I learned what membership entails. Though I am interested in joining, I feel as if I will not be around long enough to really enjoy the organization. I think that I will still participate as far a my schedule allows. The activities will be fun and enriching, certainly I will be able to go do things that I cannot do on my own. As I sat in this meeting, I thought about how joining will again mean inserting myself into yet another already established group of people. I also started to wonder if it is worth my time to join another group when I have two others in which I am starting to really feel like a part of a community. Really, the meeting was alright, but it was thought of trying to integrate myself into another group of people that drained my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment